If you are busy mom, always on the go, or your professional life leaves you little time to prepare healthy meals…dust off your slow cooker! No need to stress about making time to cook. Your slow cooker has your back!
Here are 5 easy slow cooker recipes to incorporate into your meal plans…
Serve in a sprouted grain wrap or over a bed of dark, leafy greens for a chicken fajita salad. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite dairy-free substitute), fresh diced tomato, and avocado slices. YUM!
This is traditionally served as a Vietnamese sandwich. Here is a healthier...
We all know we should eat our vegetables, because they are good for us! It sounds so easy, but why is it such a struggle to get them in? Maybe your kids (and spouse) are picky eaters, it’s a texture thing, or you just aren’t sure how to add more veggies to your diet. Here are some easy ways to make vegetables front and center on your plate!
Trying to follow a higher fat diet? Getting your macros in line with a ketogenic diet? Try these "fat bombs" for a quick, easy and yummy way to boost your healthy fats for the day!
Keep them in the freezer, and let them sit room temp for a few min before diving in!
Here is the recipe!
* 1/2 cup coconut butter (creamed coconut)
* 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* 2 Tbs MCT Oil
* 1 tsp peppermint extract
* ½-1 teaspoons liquid stevia
* ½ cup dark (70%+ cocoa) chocolate chips
* cup coconut oil
* Muffin liners-12
1. Soften coconut butter by putting bag in warm water or removing from container and microwaving.
2. Mix together coconut butter, 2 Tbs MCT oil, shredded coconut, mint and stevia.
3. Distribute evenly among 12 muffin liners. Set in freezer to harden.
4. Once hardened, combine coconut oil and dark chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl (or double boiler) and cook until smooth.
5. Distribute evenly over...
Let’s try to not let this next generation...
While there is still some sugar in this recipe (maple syrup), there is a lot less sugar than normal cookie dough, cookies, or treats that taste like these! These are delicious & will fool anyone at your party! They will never know there is a “secret” ingredient!
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
A healthy & nutritious treat using only the best ingredients!
Prep Time10 min
1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 Tbs vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbs coconut oil
- Put chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in food processor, blender or vitamix. I used my vitamix. Blend well. This is a very thick mixture and takes some time to blend well.
- Take 1/4 cup chocolate chips and chop finely. Stir this into the mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour or so to harden the "dough."
- Once chilled, form small balls with...