While there is still some sugar in this recipe (maple syrup), there is a lot less sugar than normal cookie dough, cookies, or treats that taste like these! These are delicious & will fool anyone at your party! They will never know there is a “secret” ingredient!
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
A healthy & nutritious treat using only the best ingredients!
Prep Time10 min
1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 Tbs vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbs coconut oil
- Put chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in food processor, blender or vitamix. I used my vitamix. Blend well. This is a very thick mixture and takes some time to blend well.
- Take 1/4 cup chocolate chips and chop finely. Stir this into the mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour or so to harden the "dough."
- Once chilled, form small balls with dough (makes about 20) on parchment paper.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips & coconut oil in a double boiler until smooth.
- Coat bites with melted chocolate. This got messy for me.
- Place in freezer for 30-60 minutes.
After served, keep stored in the fridge or freezer.
You can use almond butter, peanut butter or nut butter of your choice. It is not very strong peanut butter tasting, it just helps making the perfect consistency!
This is a clean, gluten-free treat that you can enjoy at any time guilt-free!
By Ashley Sweeney, RD
If you try them, please come back and let me know how they turn out!
35 healthy snack ideas with REAL foods!
3 quick & easy freezer meals!
Tips for pulling this all together!
Download for free!